Site Meter

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Dad Day


Another Father's Day without Dad has come and gone; but it is always good to remember how hard he tried, though often failing, to be a good daddy. I have plenty of fond memories, along with the dream that our relationship could have been different. That's just the way it is, but I do wish I had had the chance to tell him how much I appreciated him...and still do.

Since I was both father and mother to my daughter, I always pamper myself a bit on Father's Day, celebrating my successful daughter launch in a low-key way. This year it was potato salad and parmesan crusted chicken. Yes, food.

Always food.

1 comment:

  1. Ah miss my dad too. And I think we single parents deserve a slight pat on the back for being both mum and dad to our kids don't you?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.