Site Meter

Monday, September 7, 2009

Dysfunction Junction


Crossing the Golden Gate has always taken my breath away, and hitting the bridge was just the beginning of a day full of delight. The first stop was lunch at the Daily Grille on Geary where a crunchy BLT accompanied by a Bloody Mary hit the spot. Then we were off to the Curran to see August: Osage County starring Estelle Parsons. From the moment the curtain went up, I was awestruck. The Westons, the onstage family, made my Parsons Drive family look like The Ozzie and Harriet Show. Booze, pills, foul language, incest, pedophilia, actual fisticuffs amidst thrown dishes made for an amazingly entertaining afternoon. Family dysfunction comes in degrees, and the Westons were hot, hot, hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.