Site Meter

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bless You Almost


Although it was well into the 90s, Cleo and I left Winnie at home resting under the ceiling fan to attend the Blessing of the Animals at St. Francis Winery, an annual event to benefit the Sonoma County Humane Society.
 We met up with Ilene with her rescue greyhounds and posed for this picture. Ah,shade. Nice. Then Cleo, now beginning to pant, and I toured the various booths and exhibits, which brought on heavy panting and a totally uncurled tail, a sign of pug displeasure. So we called it a day and headed back to our air conditioned car for the trip home.  On our way out, we passed the priest just arriving, so Cleo never did get blessed. No big deal, as I am skeptical of all that churchy-wurchy business but figure-what the hell-it can't hurt. Maybe next year she'll get her blessing but only if it's cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.