One of my favorite theatre moments is the Bottle Dance from Fiddler on the Roof. Needless to say, this is a very tricky dance number and oh-so-fun to watch. Having performed in this show a number of times, I can vouch for the fact that said bottles do not always cooperate, sometimes rolling around the stage after taking leave of the dancers' hats. When done perfectly, however, this dance - some of it taking place on the knees - is a joy to behold and brings down the house.
Over the years, I have witnessed many awesome stage moments. Some of my favorites:
- when Lili, Rooster, and Miss Hannigan bump and grind their way down Easy Street
- when Maria spots Tony across a crowded dance floor and they become the only two people in the room
- when Eliza yells, "Move yer bloomin' arse!" while hobnobbing it at Ascot
- when Peter Pan flies
- when 3 over-the-hill strippers instruct an innocent Gypsy to get a gimmick
- when Curly conjures up a surrey with the fringe on top for Aunt Eller