Site Meter

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Green Thumb Exercises



I have been successfully growing kitty grass indoors for my sweet felines, Ruby and Zorro, so I made the decision to expand my operation to include flowers and herbs. The process began with the sowing of the seeds: holly hocks, sweet peas, dill, and morning glories, all favorites of mine. And under the grow light they went.

I watched and waited, misting them twice a day. Needless to say, I was delighted to be rewarded this week with teensy seedlings bravely showing their green by peeking through the soil to greet the world. It's a long way, of course, from their safe indoor nest to the garden outside; but I am hopeful I'll be adding fresh dill to potato salad and filling vases with flowers in the months to come.

Fingers crossed. My green thumb is as unpredictable as Mother Nature.

The beautiful spring comes;
and when Nature resumes her loveliness,
the human soul is apt to revive also.

~Harriet Jacobs

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so fun! I love to see those first little sprouts..it's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are that your thumb is green. Mine, alas, is black. The worst thing I can do to a plant is touch it. But I finally found some I can't kill. They're fake, of course, but they look so much better than the poor dead ones they replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping things Fresh at The Saturday PhotoHunt.
    I hope to see y'all next Saturday... it'll be Awesome~
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah must get on it. I had an old wheelbarrow that I grew herbs in for a while, worked quite well until I got lazy and stopped refurbishing it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.