Site Meter

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Major Yum

A big thank you to Tess at Willow Manor for this absolutely marvelous recipe. Not only is it quick and easy, it is extremely tasty as well.

Cut two sheets of thawed frozen puff pastry (1-17 oz. pkg) to form 4 rectangles. Top half of each with 1  1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup frozen peas, and 1  1/2 cup gruyere. Seal the pastries and brush the tops with a beaten egg.  Bake at 400 degrees until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve with Dijon mustard.

Serves 4...or 2, if you have my appetite.

I love that it looks so complicated; the secret to that, of course, is the prepared puff pastry. I ate all four all by my lonesome*, but next time I will prepare these little cuties for guests.

*two sittings. I wasn't a total pig.

3 comments:

  1. No,no,no,no now stop it! I've got 8 kilos to lose in 4 weeks and this is just plain cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth doth water! I am down for a try!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.