Site Meter

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Reign of Summer Birthdays



For some unexplainable reason, the summer months are filled with birthdays, one after the other, while the rest of the year is comparatively quiet with one birthday at a time and then a few weeks' space to gear up for the next celebration. Last week's birthday swim party honored my three grandnieces who all have back-to-back summer birthdays. I love a party, though, so I am not complaining.

Yesterday a small bunch of us gathered on my deck to raise our glasses to Marie and shower her with gifts.This summer's very iffy CA weather cooperated and the sun was a most welcome guest, allowing brunch to be served outside on the deck.


 The party opened with Bloody Marys garnished with celery stalks and crispy tortilla chips just begging to be dipped in the spicy guacamole.


Moving on to the main event, we each grabbed a soft roll and built our own sandwiches from the selection of meats, cheeses, lettuces, tomatoes, and onions. Shrimp macaroni salad and spicy deviled eggs completed the main course.

After a break for present opening, we finished off with fresh peach pie, an absolute work of art.
 And that was it.
Perfect.
Ta Da!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your outdoor table setting. Can't wait for the weather to warm a little and we can start eating outside again. Happy birthday to the revellers and throw a Bloody Mary over my way!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.