Site Meter

Saturday, May 13, 2017

So Fine





The Legion of Honor is a part of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, and some friends and I made a day of it to check out the Monet exhibit.  We lucked out and found a parking place very close by, so the showers that Mother Nature chose to provide did not dampen our spirits. The first order of business, however, was lunch in the convenient on site cafeteria. The quiche was as good as it looked!




Our tickets were for noon, so we finished our lunch and headed for the exhibit, which was very crowded but nicely organized so that we were able to get a good view of every painting.


Many of the pieces were unfamiliar to me, as this collection was comprised of his earlier work. No lilies!





 Luckily, we had a little time left before we needed to leave, so we headed upstairs to see what was there. Apart from Monet's art, this piece was my favorite of the day. Amazing!





We battled the commute traffic going home, but it was all worth it. Every time I travel to San Francisco, I think to myself that I should make the effort more often. A fun day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.