Site Meter

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shaping Up is Hard To Do, Part 3

Once again, my home will be torn apart as the popcorn removal/painting continues. This time it is the guest bedroom that will be attacked, turning this ugly duckling into a swan. In preparation, I have removed all the bedroom's pictures, nicknacks, small pieces of furniture and lamps from the equation so that the popcorn demolition derby can begin next week. I had planned to keep the wallpaper, old and worn though it is, but changed my mind in order to give the room a totally new look: celery green walls. I think I will love the simplicity of a calming solid color. The wallpaper fetish I once had seems to have vanished. The icing on the cake will be the installation of a beautiful new ceiling fan, white with light oak blades.

Since the foyer and hall will also be de-popcorned and painted next week, I have some picture removal left to do; but that comparatively easy job, which will happen over the weekend, involves no furniture and curio removal. Yay for that.

Progress. It's happening.

7 comments:

  1. Your plans sound so nice for the room. Be sure to let us see the finished makeover. And don't work too hard this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love walking around your "new" home and just looking and feeling it all. That will make it all worth it. It's kind of like childbirth. Once it's over, you forget the pain and simply bask in the pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice! I wallpapered every room in our house...even the hallways, in the 1980's. The only one that remains is the kitchen. ha. Each time I do a steam and scrap, I swear, "never again!" lol....

    The changes will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the transformation as I am sure you are also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a cast iron bed? Simply wonderful. Reminds me of the one I slept in as a child/teen. And I so enjoy a lovely country theme. Someday I'll have a guest room and be able to decorate accordingly when my college kids decide they want to move out. But I think I can wait if it means having them for a little while longer.

    This will be fun for us all to see the transformation of this dear room. Glad I popped in when I did. (patting myself on the back for such good timing)

    A pleasure to meet you.
    -deb/debber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Deb...it's cast iron. I love it too. I visited your blog - very enjoyable. I tried to leave a comment but couldn't get things to work. Sigh. I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice. You have to make an account. Right side bar, second box down, click register, fill in info, then log in immediately afterward. Hope to see you there soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.