Forty-three years ago, today. Was I a fool? No, that's too harsh. I think it is more accurate to say that I was young, hopeful, and idealistic. I knew there was no such thing as a handsome prince on a white stallion coming my way, but I really hoped I had found true love. Ya know, the one. A car crash ended that dream.
So, what have I learned? A lot:
1. To depend on myself
2. To be open to some "prince" but to not seek him
3. To be thankful for my wonderful family who supported me through so much
4. To appreciate my brief time with my one and only husband who helped me get real and toss the happily-ever-after marriage myth out of my system
5. To finally REALLY understand that happiness comes from within
6. And to...it needs to be said again...depend on myself