Site Meter

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Benign!


Hooray...I have escaped yet another cancer mini-crisis, this time thyroid.  Soooo...good effin' bye to that worry...for now.  I am currently 21 years cancer free and feeling thankful, relieved, pleased. appreciative, gratified and on and on. What a wonderful diagnosis, so apt this time of year as we approach Thanksgiving. I wish I could say that I attribute my good health to some fabulous program I am doing that ensures adios cancer, but we all know there is no such guaranteed regime. I frankly think that much of it is just plain ol' luck, and sometimes, who knows when, that just runs out. So far, Lady Luck, since the initial very ugly diagnosis, has been in my corner. I live by my motto: everything in moderation, even moderation, which  basically means enjoy your life by occasionally, but not consistently, succumbing to your desires...whether it be a juicy steak, a martini (or two), a trip to a far away shore, or just a day on the couch with a good book. One life...that's what we have. I am happy to have dodged yet anothe Big C bullet.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Auntie! So happy to hear it. And 21 years... impressive, but also, HOLY SHIT. I can't believe it was that long ago. I'll tip a beer to that.

    P.S. Go Oski!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.