Site Meter

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Beach Fiesta

The drive to Dillon Beach was as wonderful as always, and I got to be the passenger instead of the driver so I really got to look around at all the animals grazing and Queen Anne's lace in full bloom. Once we arrived at the beach house, there was lots of fog and I was sorry I was wearing shorts. Why do I never remember this about the coast? I've only been going there since 1958!



The dinner was fabulous: chili rellenos, refried beans, citrus salad, and tacos slathered in red sauce, grated cheese and absolutely oozing sour cream. As if that wasn't enough, there was homemade blueberry pie for dessert. The conversation, lacking oldfart topics for the most part, was upbeat...not too much talk of medications, nursing homes and ailments. It was rumored that Harry was going to recite the Gettysburg Address in Welsh (omigod!), but thankfully that did not happen. My right ear is almost back to normal after having Maris's shrill voice loudly screeching into it. Only a mild headache. Such old friends and yet we spend much of our get-togethers trying to outyell one another in order to make our points. It must come from all our years onstage and trying to steal the spotlight.



Fun! But there's no place like home...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.