Site Meter

Monday, July 1, 2013

Being Posh at the Palace




To celebrate Dick's birthday, a b-i-g one with a zero, we made a special day of it and went to brunch at the historic Palace Hotel in San Francisco. We knew we were out of our league when the bar tab for  Bloody Marys, three of them, came to $45! Yikes.



However, we did not pick the Palace in order to sit there and count our pennies. It was a day to be extravagant, live beyond our means, and maybe pretend just a little.  I could not stop looking up at the fabulous glass ceiling and the sparkling brilliance of all the chandeliers.




The food was amazing: fresh crab, dim sum, paella, sushi, prime rib, omelets to order, seven different food stations in all, just packed with all kinds of goodies. I managed to empty my filled plate four times, my favorite being the dessert plate.

There was even a table with cold cereals, just in case someone had to have their Cheerios! 

Please.




More champagne, please?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, but I'm sure there was something special about those Cheerios. lol...

    I love this...it's good to be extravagant every so often and this looks like the perfect place for that! Yum! What a gorgeous place! I love your dessert plate...you have all of my favorites there!

    Happy Birthday to Dick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful hotel. Those glass ceilings are wonderful. Oh and your dessert plate looked pretty wonderful too! Glad you splurged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a beautiful place! I love the chandeliers! Sounds like you had a wonderful time : )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.