Site Meter

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Still Hoping

Inauguration Day has come and gone, and I am eager to see what the  next four years will bring. No matter what, I am very pleased that President Obama has been given another four years to carry on his work. This fact says to me that the election of a black man in 2008 was not, as some people claimed,  a fluke; the people have elected him once again.  The misguided goal of making Obama a one term president, overtly stated by some of our supposed leaders,  has bitten the dust.



So, now, will our elected officials come together or will there be four more years of dysfunction? We'll see.


"The most evident of truths - that all of us are created equal - is the star that guides us still...just as it guided our forebears through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall."

-President Barack Obama
Inauguration Day, 2013-

Yes, still hoping.

2 comments:

  1. Our President is an inspiration and I'm so glad he is in office for another four years.
    I watched part of the inauguration and was impressed with the tradition of the event. The fact that it took place on MLK Day was even more of an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's all we can do. Big expectations for the most powerful man in the world. Although the more I learn about the US, the more I think it's a collection of countries rather than a single entity. Makes it very difficult to govern. Happy New Year Jan.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.