Site Meter

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Farm Fresh


The local farm market never disappoints me, and I am always delighted with the produce that I bring home, mostly because there is so much more flavor happening in whatever I select to put into my trusty market basket.


The nectarines called to me...

As did the string beans...


But it was the carrots that really caught my eye this time, and into my basket they jumped. Once home, I didn't do anything fancy with them: I just gave them a good wash, sliced them up into bite-sized pieces, and blanched them just a wee bit so that their crispiness remained. The final step was a quick toss with a favorite vinaigrette and a sprinkle of fresh herbs on top.

Mmmm...delish!

3 comments:

  1. Even before I read your words, the carrots jumped out to me. I love their little bodies, all natural and eager. I bet they were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful colors, shapes and textures here. And the tastes are the best part, I'm sure : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this time of year! Those tomatoes look good - mine haven't ripened yet - and I'm waiting!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.